On April 8, 2014, support and updates for Windows XP and Office 2003 are no longer available. Don’t let your PC go unprotected.
If you continue to use Windows XP after support ends, your computer will still work but it might become more vulnerable to security risks and viruses. Also, as more software and hardware manufacturers continue to optimize for more recent versions of Windows, you can expect to encounter greater numbers of apps and devices that do not work with Windows XP.
An unsupported version of Windows will no longer receive software updates from Windows Update. These include security updates that can help protect your PC from harmful viruses, spyware, and other malicious software, which can steal your personal information. Windows Update also installs the latest software updates to improve the reliability of Windows—new drivers for your hardware and more.
What to do immediately:
- Call us to check your current computers do have the latest security updates applied
- Ensure your Anti Virus software is updated to the latest version and Virus signature is updated
- Adobe is updated to the latest version and security updates
- Java is updated to the latest version and security updates
- Use of Google Chrome or other browser as Internet Explorer 8 lacks compatibility with new websites
- Budget for either upgrades to existing computers or purchase of new computers
- Budget for possible digital equipment requiring replacement as there are no longer drivers or support for Windows 7 and higher